Programs for Children & Youth
Children, Youth & Family Ministries
- provides a developmentally appropriate spiritual home for infants through high school age children
- provides "food for the journey" through a variety of experiences including Sunday School, youth groups, outside experiences such as Friends and Faith Across Borders, Happening, Pilgrimage, Mission experiences and more!
- provides opportunities for all the parish's children to involve themselves in outreach projects, including mission trips, border experiences, Primavera meal preparation, CROPWALK and more.
- helps GSP's children learn about Christ's love through the love they receive from their volunteer teachers and leaders, and by learning to live in cooperative community with each other as they move through our programs.
- offers worship services designed especially for them, such as the St. Nicolas service.
- invites children to participate in the parish's Giving & Receiving campaign each year. They are encouraged to give of themselves by becoming part of a parish ministry. This is a requirement for anyone who wants to participate in Pilgrimage.
- celebrates each child's individual gifts and encourages them to notice and celebrate each other's efforts and gifts.
- reflects the diverse nature of the GSP community.
- models the parish's mission to care for God's creation and promote social justice in the world. These themes are reflected in almost every aspect of this ministry's programs.